The Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The best truck in Eastern Kentucky is now made better.
The 2019 Silverado is much more than just an aggressive face. The new Silverado 1500 will feature a sleeker design than before, expansive use of lighter materials which yields a weight loss of up to 450 pounds from the current model but by using high strength steel is stronger, tougher, and more durable than ever.
INTRODUCING THE DURABED
The new Silverado will feature the most usable pickup bed ever created. The new Durabed offers more in-box space than in any pickup truck. For example, a short box for the 2018 Silverado would hold up to 53 cubic feet. The 2019 short bed gets a bump in payload space by another 10 cubic feet. Outside construction of the box is still made of high-strength steel – a higher grade at 500 megapascals, compared to 340 on the 2018 Silverado. The use of multiple tie-downs designed not to interfere with any payload, help to secure the load inside the box.
There is now a wider choice of engines available in the 2019 Silverado:
- A new 2.7-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine – an exclusive in its class! The new engine is rated at 310 horsepower and 348 pound-feet of torque.
- The 4.3-liter V6 – rated at 285 horsepower and 305 pound-feet of torque
- The 5.3-liter V8 - rated at 355 horsepower, 383 pound-feet of torque. The first engine with the availability of a Dynamic Fuel Management system. Unlike its Active Fuel Management version, cylinder deactivation can be 17 ways depending on multiple factors, including towing application.
- The powerful 6.2-liter V8 with the Dynamic Fuel Management system - rated at 420 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque. The latter engine will only be available with four-wheel-drive and can tow up to 12,200 pounds with the Max Towing Package.
- A new 3.0-liter Duramax turbocharged diesel engine will debut later in early 2019
Depending on which engine you choose, there are three transmissions available to match with the right one for the right job. The 4.3-liter V6 and the 5.3-liter V8 with Active Fuel Management gets a six-speed automatic, while the 5.3-liter V8 with Dynamic Fuel Management and the 2.7-liter Turbo engine will be matched with the eight-speed automatic. The 6.2-liter V8 will get the 10-speed automatic to go along with its Dynamic Fuel Management system. Most engines will get Stop/Start technology.
Also, the new Silverado will introduce an all-new Duramax diesel engine specifically designed for half-ton use. The new 3.0-liter turbocharged diesel engine will debut later in early 2019, with more details coming on performance, capability, and fuel economy figures. It will be available with the 10-speed automatic transmission.
The 2019 Silverado 1500’s capabilities have been expanded for more towing capacity and added technology to make the job or pulling a trailer easier. The Advanced Trailering System combines new vehicle technologies, along with an app from your smartphone to help monitor and control towing conditions. This new package includes…
- Auto Parking Brake Assist: Customers who’ve dealt with the frustration of perfectly aligning their truck and trailer hitch only to see the truck roll when they put it in park will appreciate this industry-first technology. It sets automatically when the vehicle is put into Hitch View to help avoid vehicle movement after the customer lines up the truck with the trailer and then shifts to park.
- Hitch Guidance with Hitch View: This adds a dynamic backing guideline to the Rear Vision Camera system to help customers line up their hitch, adding some precision and a visual cue to reduce the difficulty of aligning a hitch to a trailer.
- Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System: When properly equipped, this optional feature can monitor the tire pressure of the trailer tires using the truck’s infotainment system. This system also allows customers to monitor the temperature of their trailer tires to help prevent blowouts from overheating. Requires optional equipment and dealer installation.
CHOOSING YOUR SILVERADO 1500
Expect more features standard on all eight trim levels. For example, the top-of-the-line High Country model will get push-button start, stop-start technology, active aero shutters, Lane Change Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert, Advanced Trailering System, enhanced LED exterior lighting, dual exhaust outlets and class-exclusive power up/down tailgate – all standard! As far as available features goes, the 2019 Silverado will offer the following:
- Z71 Off-road Equipment Package is now available on all models (and standard on Trail Boss models, which also feature a factory-installed 2-inch lifted suspension, Rancho monotube shocks and Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac all-terrain tires). The Z71 package includes:
- Off-road tuned Rancho twin-tube shocks.
- Electronic hill descent control.
- Two-speed transfer case and automatic locking rear differential.
- Skid plates for engine oil pan and transfer-case protection.
- Heavy-duty air filter.
- 18-inch wheels with all-terrain tires.
- Dual exhaust outlets for models equipped with V-8 engines.
- Advanced, active-safety features, including: Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Front and Rear Park Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Forward Collision Alert and Following Distance Indicator, Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking, Front Pedestrian Braking, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, Safety Alert Seat, IntelliBeam headlamps, and high-beam assist.
- Advanced technology features, including: GM-exclusive, 3 x 7-inch configurable color head-up display, 8-inch configurable driver information center, Surround Vision, and a Rear Camera Mirror
Pricing will start from $29,795 for a Regular Cab Long Bed Work Truck. In all, eight trim levels will be available, Work Truck, Custom, Custom Trail Boss, LT, RST, LT Trail Boss, LTZ, and High Country. Three cab types are available, including the Regular Cab, Double Cab, and Crew Cab.
All of this in the most advanced and best engineered Chevrolet pickup truck ever. See our selection of the 2019 Silverado at Jack Burford Chevriolet and get the hottest pickup truck of Eastern Kentucky!
THE 2019 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500
MSRP from $33,695
- Chevrolet graphic grille and tailgate
- Blacked-out grille, bumpers and trim
- Ecotec3 4.3L V6 engine with Active Fuel Management
- Durabed featuring 12 standard tie-downs
MSRP from $36,095
- 7-inch diagonal color touch-screen
- Signature LED taillamps
- 20-inch Silver painted-aluminum wheels
- Outside heated power-adjustable mirrors
- Trail Boss package available, includes: 2-inch factory suspension lift, Z71 Off-Road Package, Autotrac 2-speed transfer case, and 18-inch Black wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac Off-Road tires.
MSRP from $38,395
- Chrome center bar, bumpers and mirror caps
- Body-color door handles
- 17-inch Bright Silver painted-aluminum wheels
- LED headlamps with LED signature daytime running lamps
- Trail Boss package available, includes: 2-inch factory suspension lift with Z71 Off-Road Package, 18-inch Black wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac Off-Road tires, Autotrac 2-speed transfer case, and Ecotec3 5.3L V8 engine with Dynamic Fuel Management and dual exhaust
MSRP from $40,295
- Keyless Open and Start
- Body-color center bar, bumpers and door handles
- LED headlamps, taillamps, foglamps and cargo area lighting
- 18-inch Bright Silver painted-aluminum wheels
MSRP from $44,495
- Chrome grille, center bar, bumpers, mirror caps, door handles and beltline accents
- 18-inch Bright Silver painted-aluminum wheels
- Advance trailering features
- Perforated leather-appointed seating
MSRP from $54,495
- Exclusive grille and center bar with two-tone Bronze and Chrome finish
- Industry-first Power Up/Down tailgate
- High-intensity LED headlamps
- 20-inch machined aluminum wheels