2020 Chevy Silverado Towing Capacity
The Chevy Silverado is known for its powerhouse abilities, but just how much strength does it bring to the Somerset and Berea roads? The latest model packs a punch with a maximum towing capacity of 13,400 pounds and a payload of up to 2,543 pounds. In fact, the Silverado 1500 towing capacity puts it near the top of the light-duty pickup segment! But just how does the Silverado achieve such astounding feats of strength? Find out all about the engineering behind the Chevy Silverado towing capacity.
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity by Engine
The impressive Silverado 1500 towing capacity starts with incredible engine options. From the base 2.7L turbo to the robust 3.0L V6 turbo-diesel, each engine offers its own powerful blend of strength and efficiency. Which engine will you choose for your Nicholasville and Winchester travels?
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: The standard 2.7L turbo engine offers 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque with a towing capacity of up to 7,000 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 Engine: Offering 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque, this V6 delivers a towing capacity of 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 Engine: The first of the available Chevy Silverado 1500 V8 engines, this configuration achieves 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque with a towing capacity of 11,600 pounds.
- 6.2L V8 Engine: Generating even more power at 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, this V8 engine can tow the Silverado maximum of 13,400 pounds (on the RST trim).
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel: This diesel powertrain delivers a whopping 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque, which results in a towing capacity of 9,400 pounds.
Silverado 1500 Towing Features
The Silverado has the strength to move heavy hauls with ease, but it also includes plenty of technology to help you steer with absolute precision. From the optional trailering packages to the towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado, check out the towing features and accessories that are available for 2020:
- Trailering Package: The standard Trailering Package includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector for your convenience.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Available for select trims, this package adds additional towing features like Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: Extended view towing mirrors for Chevy Silverado trucks provide a better view of your surroundings while cruising through Irvine and South Lexington.
Learn More with Jack Burford Chevrolet
Whether you want to check out our brand new Silverado 1500 inventory or order a few accessories for your current truck, let Jack Burford Chevrolet help. Contact us with any questions and we’ll give you all the information you need for a better driving experience.
More on the Silverado
No new truck lineup has more presence at a Berea jobsite than the 2020 Chevy Silverado. Towing capacity in the Silverado range meets high-tech design and efficient engineering at every turn, whether it’s the Silverado 1500 or one of the Heavy Duty configurations that push the limits of power and performance. The 2020 Chevy Silverado…
The Chevy Silverado is known for its powerhouse abilities, but just how much strength does it bring to the Somerset and Berea roads? The latest model packs a punch with a maximum towing capacity of 13,400 pounds and a payload of up to 2,543 pounds. In fact, the Silverado 1500 towing capacity puts it near…
If you’re searching for an affordable pickup truck, you may be wondering, “How much is the Chevy Silverado?” The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado is an industry staple and a standard to which other pickup trucks are held. Part of the reason why is its cost-effectiveness. Whether you choose the Silverado 1500, or the heavy-duty 2500HD…