2020 Chevy Blazer vs. 2020 Chevy Equinox
If you’re shopping for a new crossover SUV in the Richmond, KY market with legendary Chevrolet performance, chances are you have considered the matchup of the 2020 Chevy Blazer vs. 2020 Chevy Equinox. Your pick between these stellar vehicles will depend upon your needs, so Jack Burford Chevrolet covers what specs and features make them stand apart from the pack below.
2020 Chevy Blazer vs. Equinox: Engine Options
One of the major perks of a new Chevy SUV is the boosted performance on their engines. The Chevy Blazer vs. Chevy Equinox comparison demonstrates capable engines that will make driving in Berea both controlled and a lot of fun!
- 2020 Chevy Blazer vs. Equinox Starting Engines: The Blazer starts drivers off with a zippy 193-hp 2.5L Turbo engine, while the Equinox performs almost as well with its 170-hp 1.5L Turbo engine. On either vehicle’s base trim, Chevy has assured that you can upgrade your powertrain to all-wheel drive.
- 2020 Chevy Blazer vs. Equinox Top Engine: The small size of the Equinox can pack a big punch thanks to its 2.0L Turbo Engine option on the LT and Premier trims, with 252 hp, 260 lb-ft of torque and a 9-speed automatic transmission.
- 2020 Chevy Blazer vs. Equinox Top Engine: Winchester drivers who want a crossover with even more punch under the hood will love the 3.6L V6 engine option on the Blazer, with 308 hp, 269 lb-ft of torque, and 9-speed automatic transmission.
- 2020 Chevy Blazer vs. Equinox Fuel Economy: With the impressive EPA-estimated 26 MPG highway on the Blazer’s top engine, you’ll get power and still save. But those who prioritize efficiency in Irvine can get competitive fuel economy on the Equinox, with up to an EPA-estimated 31 MPG highway on the 1.5L engine.
These crossovers can also tow! Max towing on the Equinox goes up to 3,500 pounds, while the more powerful Blazer has a max towing of 4,500 pounds.
2020 Chevy Blazer vs. Chevy Equinox: Interior and Cargo Dimensions
Even though the Blazer is a bigger SUV than the Equinox, the latter still provides drivers and passengers alike with ample space. Seat up to 5 on your Lexington trips with these SUVs and fill up your trunk with plenty of cargo!
- Passenger Space: These crossovers seat the same number of passengers, but the Blazer has 108 cubic feet of passenger volume, just a little better than the impressive 100 cubic feet of passenger volume on the smaller Equinox.
- Cargo Space: It’s practically a tie when it comes to max cargo volume on the Blazer and Equinox, with the latter’s interior offering 63.9 cubic feet of cargo volume and the former 64.9 cubic feet of cargo volume.
2020 Chevy Blazer vs. Chevy Equinox: Interior and Safety Technologies
The 2020 Blazer vs. Equinox matchup offers variations on size and performance, but both of these SUVs also have their own perks when it comes to their interior technology and amenities. The Equinox has standard automatic emergency braking while the Blazer offers a larger starting touchscreen.
- Technology: Both come with Chevrolet 3 Infotainment System standard in addition to Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to keep you connected on your Somerset commutes.
- Safety: Safety features include available Automatic Emergency Braking (standard on the Equinox), Lane Keep Assist, Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, Forward Collision Alert, and Adaptive Cruise Control.
Find a Chevy SUV with Jack Burford Chevrolet!
Whether you want the powerful engine on the Blazer or the efficient safety technology on the Equinox, Jack Burford Chevrolet can help you find your next crossover SUV! Richmond, KY-area drivers can trust us for informed service and consult our finance center when you’re ready to start with a payment plan. Please contact us today for even more information on these exceptional vehicles as well as about the Chevy Blazer price and more!