2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
How much can a Silverado 1500 tow when equipped with the most powerful engine upgrade and all of the available towing equipment? When properly equipped, the 2021 Chevrolet Silverado towing capacity is as high as 13,300 pounds, along with a payload capacity of up to 2,280 pounds. Add a hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame and a series of towing features like the available towing mirrors for the Chevy Silverado, and you have one of the most capable light-duty pickup trucks on the market. Not convinced? Dive into the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity specs and features in the guide below from Jack Burford Chevrolet!
Chevrolet Silverado Towing Capacity by Engine
There’s no Silverado engine that won’t bring exemplary towing power to your Richmond job sites, but the maximum 13,300-pound Chevy 1500 towing capacity is possible with just one: the available 6.2L V8 upgrade. Looking for diesel power, or impressive performance that’s offset by active fuel management? There’s a Silverado engine to meet your needs — on and off the job. Take a look at how each engine affects the Chevy Silverado towing capacity:
- 2.7L Turbo Engine – The base engine offers 310 hp and 348 lb-ft of torque, and can tow up to 9,600 pounds.
- 4.3L V6 – This upgraded V6 makes 285 hp and a best-in-class 305 lb-ft of torque. Towing capacity is 7,900 pounds.
- 5.3L V8 with Direct Fuel Management – For massive V8 power and smart fuel use, this engine is a great choice. It generates 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque for a Chevy 1500 towing capacity of up to 11,500 pounds, and up to 10,000 pounds when paired with active fuel management.
- 6.2L V8 – Need the max Chevy Silverado towing capacity for tough tasks in Lexington? Select the RST trim level and the 6.2L V8 for 420 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque and a towing capacity of 13,300 pounds.
- 3.0L V6 Turbo-Diesel – Save on fuel and maintenance with the diesel Silverado 1500 engine, which generates 260 hp and 460 lb-ft of torque for up to 9,500 pounds of towing power.
Your 2021 Silverado 1500 payload rating will vary depending on the trim level and options you select — but with the capability to haul up to 2,280 pounds in your truck bed, you’ll save time and boost productivity on the job in Winchester!
Advanced Features for Better Chevy 1500 Towing Capacity
You know how much a Silverado 1500 can tow pound-for-pound, but it’s the array of advanced towing features that will have you hauling heavy loads with confidence in London. From tow mirrors to the available Silverado Max Trailering Package, there are lots of ways to customize your truck’s capability:
- Optional Tow Mirrors – Available extended view towing mirrors for the Chevy Silverado make it easier to see in blind spots when passing, merging, or changing lanes with a trailer in tow.
- Trailering Package – This standard Chevy Silverado 1500 package includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package – This package must be added alongside the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package. Equipped with both, your Silverado will have everything from revised shock tuning to upgraded rear springs, and much more.
See How Much a Silverado 1500 Can Tow at Jack Burford Chevrolet
Ready to get behind the wheel of a new Chevy Silverado 1500? Compare the Silverado 1500 with the Silverado 2500, Silverado 3500, and Chevy Colorado online, then feel free to reach out to us with any questions you have about which model best suits your needs. No matter which pickup you decide to take home, we know you’ll love what it can do!
More from Jack Burford Chevrolet
If you’re considering selling your vehicle, there are more ways to go about it than ever. Whether you live in Richmond, Pennyroyal Plateau, or Jackson Purchase, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed wondering where to begin or how long it might take. Our team here at Jack Burford Chevrolet has put together this guide for how…
Chevrolet’s Remote Start feature is a convenient technology that lets you warm up the engine before getting into your vehicle. It’s usually accessible through your key fob, although you can also activate it with the My Chevrolet app on your phone. If you’re unsure how Remote Start works or want to learn more about it,…
Flowers make a bold statement when it comes to embracing the fall season. You can bring a bouquet as a thank-you gift to a host or don your Thanksgiving dinner table with several floral bunches. If you need a place to start your flower shopping this fall season, check out these flower shops in Richmond,…